1.26.2012

gettin' busy

gift card-igan

diagonal mock cable mug cozy

i've been a-knittin'! here are a couple of projects that i've been working on out of necessity (i really needed them!) and to post here and on facebook. the gift card-igan is the cutest thing ever! i made a couple of adjustments. i don't have buttons so i crocheted one because i have a lot of scrap yarn from other projects.

i am finding a lot inspiration on other blogs. it makes me want to work harder at getting mine up and running. but i learned something in bible study the other night. everything is not a competition. God created us all to be unique individuals. after remembering that, i decided to quit beating up on myself for my blog not being as "put together" as another, not writing my own patterns or creating my own designs. hopefully, in time, God will bless me with that ability. today i am happy creating other people's designs and with the quality of my work.

the second quickie project to reduce my remnant yarn stash is the diagonal mock cable mug cozy. again, i made some adjustments to the pattern because i don't have buttons. instead i picked up stitches and knit a second i-cord on the opposite of the cozy the same length as the first then tied the two together in a bow or knot. for future reference, if i want to tie it in a bow, knit the i-cords an inch or two longer.

not bad, huh? i am excited at all the possibilities of this venture. God's taking me down a path i've never been before. my prayer is to be obedient, turn where he tells me and trust Him to get there, wherever "there" may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment